Thursday, March 4, 2010

Birthdays

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday and it was my first birthday as an actual adult. I miss waking up when I was little and coming downstairs on the morning of my birthday to find a massive amount of presents on the kitchen island! Although I didn't open any presents on my birthday I got some of the best presents. I got a Kindle from my parents, which I got it a few weeks early...I love it!! I also bought myself an iTouch that was from my husband :) My sister gave me a cute bag and shirt from Victoria's Secret and she also got me a stereo for my iTouch and I got a purse from my grandparents. I also did some shopping tonight! I think I like birthday's better than Christmas!

My mom and I also went to see the movie Valentine's Day last night...it was so cute!! After the movie we ate my strawberries and champagne birthday cake from Das Meyer. It was SO good...pink cake with pink frosting, strawberries, and champagne is my new favorite kind of cake.



The best birthday cake EVER

I got this idea from another blog and decided to try it, so here are 23 random things about me.
1. I absolutely LOVE the color pink.
2. For my puppy's 1st birthday I am throwing him a birthday party, complete with a bone shaped cake and birthday hats.
3. I have never broken a bone.
4. I love to read.
5. I still watch the Disney Channel, regularly.
6. I had 44 (I think) stitches in the inside of my mouth, between my lip and jaw just over a year ago.
7. HGTV is my other favorite tv station.
8. House Hunters is one of my favorite shows.
9. I have watched every season (except the first one) of the Bachelor.
10. I have never played a sport.
11. I love my husband more than anything.
12. I cannot stand to hear other people chew!
13. I do and eat everything in even numbers.
14. I count the number of steps I take...and they have to be even.
15. I love to work out!
16. I have an obsession with candles - Tyler and Yankee Candles.
17. I cannot wait to have my own house to decorate.
18. I still listen to Adventures in Odyssey, a children's radio show...I think we have every episode on tape or CD.
19. I am a pediatric nurse and just a couple weeks ago I absolutely fell in love with a 2 month old baby, I hope he defies the odds and statistics! Good luck buddy!!
20. I am deathly afraid of spiders and bugs...pretty much anything with wings or more than 4 legs.
21. I love buttercream frosting, the corner piece is always mine...don't ever take my frosting...Robby...
22. I love the sun!
23. I think it would be fun to have a posh job (like a magazine editor) and penthouse in New York City.
That was fun, but kinda hard to do!

I missed having Robby and my sister here for my birthday, but it was still a good one. Hope this year is filled with new and exciting things!

Although it wasn't for my birthday, the best present I have gotten this year was the Tiffany heart necklace my hubby sent my for Valentine's Day...but it will be topped when he finally comes home!! LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and WELCOME to the world of blogging! Mark mentioned that you wanted to start a blog... "they" were trying to think of names for you. It was kind of funny! I can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley!! I'm kind of intimidated that you are reading my blog!! I love yours...and as you could probably tell, I got some ideas from you, and I wanted to blog because I loved yours! Love your photography site too!!

    I know, I hope to meet you soon too...Robby says you guys won't be in Gulfport the same time as us because Mark comes back earlier, but we will have to plan something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your blog! its so sweet! we have so much in common- Disney channel, buttercream icing, love of reading...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also HATE listening to people chew. My poor sister had to put up with me gagging when her jaw popped at every bite and now my husband has to put up with me giving him the eye when I hear him smacking. :)

    ReplyDelete