Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Art Class

Last week I went to Canvas and Corkscrews with my mom, grandma and some of their friends. For those of you still living under a rock who don't know what this is :), you go to a painting class and they have wine for purchase. You paint the selected painting (or whatever you feel like painting) for the night and a teacher walks you through each step of the painting. Now I have no artistic ability when it comes to drawing or painting, but, with the help of a little wine, I actually end up with a pretty decent painting! Every time I come home, my husband says, "wow, you actually did a good job!" haha!!

I was actually not very pleased with this painting, I don't like how the colors turned out, but it's not too bad.





This was our first time to Canvas and Corkscrews and it was fun, but I would reccomend Canvas and Cocktails is so much more fun! Canvas and Cocktails is located in Cherry Creek here in Denver and it is crazy! The girl who teaches the classes there is CrAzY and so much fun, she plays loud, fun music which makes it even better. I like most of their paintings better too....and I have had better luck with how my paintings turn out. Here are some of my painting from there.


On the crafty note, I had a couple of drapery pannels that I wasn't going to use, so I decided that I would use them to make some new pillows (pillows are my sewing specialty!). I decided to cover some ugly pillows that came with my couch and they turned out okay, not my favorite though.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Too bad Rob didn't join...I would have loved to see a painting done by him! ;-)

    ReplyDelete